Monday, May 20, 2013

HARD LOTION BARS



Hard Lotion Bars

I first heard about making a hard lotion bar from Practical Ideas for Practical Moms and then I saw them at Passionate Homemaking!  I had all the stuff I needed for them since I had been experimenting with making my own Natural Deodorant so I thought these would be fun to try too!  If you don't want to make your own you can buy them at MadeOn  These are great for those extra dry Winter hands and feet especially for people who get the dry cracked sores on them.  Below is the recipe I used!  Enjoy soft silky hands even in the Winter!

Hard Lotion Bar
4.25 ounces Beeswax
4.25 ounces Shea Butter
5.5 ounces Coconut Oil
70 drops of essential oil, optional

Melt ingredients in crock pot or double boiler.  Mix well,  add essential oils if wanted once everything is melted.  Using a turkey baster or small ladle pour into molds of choice.  Soap molds, flexible ice cube trays, mini muffin tins, Tupperware, whatever "mold" you can think of will probably work.  I used 2 small soap molds that I had hanging around but since I only had two and this made about 6-8 bars I put the molds with the melted lotion in the freezer so they would set up faster so I could pop them out and use the mold again.  It was a little tedious but worked pretty good.  After all the bars were made I wrapped them in wax paper just like you would a present.  Then if you want to get creative you can print up your own fun labels for them!  Lots of fun and makes a great gift for all those people in your life with rough hands! ;)



http://www.simplehealthytasty.com/2011/02/hard-lotion-bars.html
THANKS TAMMIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment