Sunday, May 19, 2013

FOOD WONDERFUL FOOD

Just thought I would show you a few things I have been working on today.  I guess I got up hungry or something........

My first project was making another batch of home made yogurt.   Its on the heating pad covered with a towel and a bucket on top to keep in the heat in.  It will be ready  to uncover and put in the frig in about another hour.   So no picture of that.  Just three more quarts of fresh wonderful yogurt.
 
 Number two project----- I decided we needed a fresh batch of bread.  So, out comes the Bosch mixer, found the recipe,   and gathered all the ingredients.   And a few minutes later, we had a huge batch of dough.   This is only my second time to do this,   and I  end up with one loaf larger than the others.  Go figure.  
   The kitchen was already smelling good form the aroma of the dough,  so I shaped the dough and put it in the bread pans to rise.     After 30 minutes or so , popped them in the oven and 25 minutes later............OMG!!!!!       Its Done !  The smell was heavenly.   My house smelled so wonderful!    And the bread, sliced up hot with real butter on it...................    Well there are no words to describe that.    It was wonderful.  

While nibbling on this off and on, I decided since it was 100 degrees outside, we might enjoy some frozen yogurt later this evening..
So out comes the cuisinart , and I just emptied the last of my previous batch of home made yogurt in a bowl, added sugar, milk, and vanilla.    Got the frozen bowl out of the freezer, added all the yogurt mixture, turned on the little machine and let it whirl away.   In about 30 minutes, we had frozen yogurt.    Of course we had to sample this as well.   We just drizzled  alittle frozen strawberry puree over the top and again..............OMG!   It was sooooooo good!


Maybe we might skip cooking the steaks and sausage on the grill.  Bread and frozen yogurt?  This sure looks wonderful and my mouth is watering right now.          Naw!     Start cooking the  steaks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment