Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I came across this recipe on a blog "A Bowl Full of Lemons" and I can't wait to try this recipe..   Where I live I have so much dust......well, what can I say......    I live in the middle of a ranch surrounded by dirt, dirt, and more dirt.   But, I love it cause I don't  have any yards to mow!!    





Homemade Wood Cleaner & Polish…



I’ve been playing around with a lot of homemade cleaning and laundry recipes over the past year – some have worked amazingly well and others haven’t been so great. Today I have a great recipe for an all-natural wood cleaner and polish that is amazing. This cleaner is the best of both worlds – it really cleans AND polishes. But even better than how well it works is the smell. The yummy smell had my kids swarming me as I made it and asking to help me dust (I’m not kidding and of course I said yes!). This is a simple recipe with three ingredients – essential oils, fractionated coconut oil (liquid form, this can also be used as a carrier for your oils), and distilled (free of impurities) water.

Essential Oil Wood Cleaner and Polish:
10 drops wild orange or citrus bliss essential oil (optional)
30 drops lemon essential oil
1/3 cup (2 2/3 ounces) coconut (fractionated) oil or grapeseed oil
1/2 cup (4 ounces) distilled water

Start by measuring your water and oil and mixing them together in the container you’ll be storing the mixture in.


Then add your essential oils.


Give it a little shake and start cleaning and polishing the wood in your home.


I use a microfiber cloth to dust & apply the polish. I just pour or spray a little bit of this cleaner on my microfiber cloth and start dusting away.  You can make your own homemade wood cleaner with pure essential oils.  It’s very cost efficient and all natural. Just one bottle of pure essential oils makes several bottles of wood cleaner.  Best of all, its non toxic.



cleanmamacontributorbutton
Visit Becky at  www.cleanmama.net to get more cleaning recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment